How it works?
If you are entitled to a VAT-free bathroom, you will not pay VAT on any products or installation costs in relation to the works. To receive the product VAT free, your disability has to qualify as one of the defined conditions. According to the gov.uk website, for VAT purposes you are disabled or have a long-term illness if:
- You have a physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to carry out everyday activities
- You have a condition that is treated as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes
- You are terminally ill
Work that will not incur a chargeable VAT fee is any form of renovation or extension to a new or existing bathroom which will be done to help a disability. Examples of this are not limited, but can include:
- Having a walk-in shower, or adapted bath installed.
- Having a ground floor bathroom installed.
- Installing grab rails into the walls of the bathroom.
If you would like more information on VAT-relief, please get in touch with a member of our team who will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.Download VAT form Get in touch